1. To promote and develop social and cultural relationships and mutuality among all of the Cretans and their descendants residing in the United States and Canada.
2. To promote and develop education; through scholarships and otherwise; to raise voluntary contributions and funds; and to distribute such funds legally to recognized philanthropic institutions, in the United States, Canada, Greece (i.e. the island of Crete), and for other philanthropic purposes.
3. To inspire and encourage loyalty and devotion of each member to his adopted country and its flag, obedience to its constitution and laws, and to instruct and encourage non-citizens members to become citizens of their respective country.
4. To give such moral encouragement and legal material assistance, which is considered necessary for the welfare and benefit of the members in the PYA.
5. To work in co-operation with and as a part of the PAA, promoting its activities and programs of the PYA.
6. To encourage those individuals who no longer qualify for membership to the PYA to enroll and continue to participate as members of the PAA.
If you ever have any questions about our youth association, want to know how to join, or have an idea of an event, please email to email@example.com
In the meantime, please visit our Facebook page and follow us on Instagram (@pancretan_youth).
PYA Facebook Page
PYA President: Nikos Liodakis
Continuing The Growth and Success of the PYA
I hope that your 2020 is off to a great start! This month we had the opportunity to attend the 2020 Winter PYA Conference in Detroit, Michigan. The Levendoyenna chapter hosted a wonderful conference showing our youth amazing φιλοξενία and what it truly means to be Cretan. The PYA appreciates all of the hard work that went towards planning and hosting our youth members. The conference was filled with great παρέα, amazing music, and a spirit of family rarely seen outside of the holidays.
Additionally, the weekend marked the transition of the outgoing 2017-2020 PYA board with the newly elected board of the PYA board. I am blessed to have been able to be a part of the previous board and see the amazing work that they accomplished. I want to thank our outgoing President, Georgia Tsoutsounis, for her amazing contribution to the PYA. She worked tirelessly over the past two and a half years, growing and supporting our members. Additionally, I want to take a moment and thank the other members of the board, specifically, Eleni Saltas, Manoli Boutzoukas, Achilleas Fourakis, Mary Nikols, Mikey Saltas, Emmy Makridakis, Manousos Papadakis, Thomas Papadakos, Manoli M. Boutzoukas, Vasilia Votzakis, Sophia Elefter, Kleanthi Markakis, George Zoumberakis, and Sophia Papadakis. I appreciate all of the time that you spent focused supporting the youth of the PAA. Your involvement and passion for the PYA is what continues to grow and strengthen our organization and community.
Looking forward, I am excited to welcome the new PYA board. We hope to continue the growth of the last board and further instill the Cretan spirit. We are passionate about our upcoming term and hope to create an even stronger PYA. We know that we have big shoes to fill, however, we are excited about the challenge.
As an organization, we know that youth involvement is critical. Attending the Detroit conference, we saw the passion that youth have for their Cretan heritage. We hope to build off this momentum.
We are excited about the future of the PYA and look forward to working with our organization. Hopefully you can join us in New York on March 12-March 14 for our upcoming PYA Youth Conference!